Last Week in Play Whe

Last week, May 7th, 2018 to May 12th, 2018, was the 2nd week of running the email list.

Of the 24 draws, 17 of them came under the suggestions.

Congratulations to all those who played the suggestions and won.

3 and 35 were the top marks last week, both playing 3 times for the week. 5 and 7 each played twice.

1, 2, 4, 8, 10, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and 36 didn’t show up at all last week. Be on the lookout for these numbers this week.

The 3 line was the most popular line last week. Followed closely by the 6, 7 and 8 lines. The 1 line didn’t play at all.

How was your week? And, what’s your plan for this week?

Let me know in the comments below.

BTW. Don’t miss out on the action. If you haven’t already signed up to the list. Then, go here to subscribe.

Last Week in Play Whe

Last week, April 30th, 2018 to May 5th, 2018, was a great week for all those subscribed to the email list.

I started posting the mark suggestions to the list on Tuesday, 1st May, 2018. We were off to a rocky start but as the week progressed everything started to go smoothly and we ended on a high note.

Of the 20 draws, 18 of them came under the suggestions. That’s a 90% success rate.

Congratulations to all those who played the suggestions and won.

14, 26 and 32 were the dominant marks last week. And, the 5 line played a total of 7 times.

How was your week? And, what’s your plan for this week?

Let me know in the comments below.

BTW. Don’t miss out on the action. If you haven’t already signed up to the list. Then, go here to subscribe.

Is Play Whe rigged?

If you play one mark then the odds of winning is 1 out of 36, i.e. you have about a 3% chance of winning and a whopping 97% chance of losing.

Lotto’s odds are much worse, so at least you have a better chance of winning at Play Whe.

Even so, Play Whe is still clearly not stacked in your favor. NLCB obviously has a huge advantage. But, this is by design, we accept it and we all know this going in to the game.

However, the question “Is Play Whe rigged?” concerns whether or not the folks at NLCB manipulate the game so that for every draw they maximize their profits.

Firstly, they can’t fuck over everyone. A number must always be drawn. So, it follows that some group of people must win at every draw.

Secondly, they have all the information about what numbers people played and the amount of money people bet on those numbers. Given that information, it’s super easy to calculate how much your payout will be for any given number.

Think about that for a moment.

Before the draw, they know that if 1 plays they have to payout say $50,000. If 2 plays they have to payout say $2000. And so on and so on. Finally, if 36 plays they have to pay out $100,000.

For argument’s sake, let’s say the number 2 has the least payout.

My question to you is this.

As a business, with a history of corruption (just put NLCB and corruption into a Google search to see what I mean), would you make it so that the number 2 comes up in the draw?

If yes, then you’ve rigged the game. If no, then…

The Poll Results

I asked my Play Whe Smarter community a similar question.

542 people responded.

493 of them said YES, i.e. they believe that Play Whe is rigged.

And the remaining 49, said NO, i.e. they don’t believe that Play Whe is rigged.

What do you believe? Tell us in the comments below.

Play Whe is nothing like “Whe Whe”

Chinese immigrants brought us “Whe Whe” sometime around the 1850s. It was a numbers game played by people who were influenced by irrationality, superstition, dreams and whimsy.

More than a century later the National Lotteries Control Board (NLCB) would partner with GTECH, now called International Game Technology (IGT), to bring us Play Whe, the modern creolized version of “Whe Whe” that we all know and love (or hate, when we lose).

In “Whe Whe”, the “banker” secretly chose winning marks with the use of a Chinese chart.

The chart was anxiously guarded for obvious reasons.

The winning mark was then communicated to the players through various means, for e.g. by hanging a roll of paper from a roof or a tree.

And, a mark could not be played twice on the same day.

This is in stark contrast to how Play Whe is currently operated.

In Play Whe, the “banker”, i.e. NLCB, chooses the winning mark on live television using a machine that’s indifferent to the mystical methods, body and numerical charts, dreams and idiosyncratic rules that we use to play the game.

In other words, the methods used by the majority of people who play Play Whe have no rational justification in the modern game.

A new way of playing, that’s based on rationality, is needed. But, I’ll say more about that next time.

What do you think?

Do you think using intuition, superstition, dreams and stories are the best way to play?

Or.

Do you think that a rational approach, that uses the laws of probability, will prevail?

Tell me in the comments below.

Useful references:

Hello, world!

Welcome!

This is my first post on the first ever Play Whe Smarter blog.

And, I’m excited.

There’s a lot I want to share with you all and this blog will give me the means of doing so.

The Play Whe Smarter tagline is,

The smarter way to play Play Whe.

But, it’s not just a tagline.

It’s something I really do believe, i.e. that there’s a smarter way to play the game. A way to play where you can limit your losses and maximize your winnings.

Have you ever heard about the MIT Blackjack Team? Or, maybe you’ve seen the movie¬†21¬†that’s loosely based on their story?

One of the key takeaways for me is summed up nicely below,

KNOWLEDGE + MONEY MANAGEMENT = WINNING STRATEGY.

The saying, “The house always wins” is indeed true. Because they’re running a business and they’ve orchestrated it to be in their favor. It’s not cheating. It’s just good business. But, it does not imply that you must always lose. On the contrary, it’s possible to find a winning strategy.

I won’t get into any details in this introductory post. But, one of the major goals of this blog will be to provide you with the appropriate knowledge (facts, information, skills etc) and money management techniques that would help you to win more at Play Whe.

Another major goal is to just keep it fun and lighthearted.

How does that sound to you? Let me know in the comments below.